Cybersecurity predictions through 2020
Nowadays everybody are live connected, our smartphone have many information about us and just in case we can also find this information in our tablet. Furthermore, for some time, our electronic items offer new possibilities thanks to the fact that they have availability to connect on the internet. We depend on technology each time more but we don’t notice about one important thing: the cybersecurity.
We are sure about many of you are not aware about cybersecurity. Cyberattacks are not only for computers, we can suffer one when you least expect it. For example, have you ever have stayed in a hotel and you have connected your mobile to its Wi-Fi? If your answer is affirmative, you has put at risk your smartphone and you have been a focus to a possible cyberattack.
Cybersecurity is a way which must be important for us, including companies. Last year in Spain, there was an increase of 200% in cybersecurity incidents (source: El País). It means that is important that we become more aware and take action.
Today we are showing an infographic about 10 predictions made by Earl Perkins, Gartner’s vice president of research, in order to improve the cybersecurity in future companies:
1. – The need to prevent data breaches from public clouds will drive 20% of organizations to develop data security governance programs.
2. – Enterprises that leverage native mobile containment rather than third-party options will rise from 20% to 60%. According to Perkins, companies with average security requirements should plan to move gradually to native containment.
3. – Through 2018, more than 50% of Internet of Things (IoT) device manufacturers will not be able to address threats from weak authentication practices. Many devices are created without take in mind the security and it will be a risk.
4. – The 40% of Identity of as a Service (IDaaS) implementations will replace on-premises identity and access management (IAM) implementations, up from 10% today. This fact will be because of the difficulty and the cost of the IAM infrastructure.
5. – The use of passwords and tokens in medium-risk use cases will drop 55%, due to the introduction of recognition technologies.
6. – Through 2020, 99% of vulnerabilities exploited will continue to be ones known by security and IT professionals for at least one year. Companies have to take attention to the vulnerabilities they have nowadays to avoid being the focus of an attack in the future.
7. – A third of successful attacks experienced by enterprises will be on their shadow IT resources. These are the IT resources used in a company without the approval or consent of the IT department.
8. – The 40% of enterprises engaged in DevOps will secure developed applications by adopting application security self-testing, self-diagnosing and self-protection technologies.
9. – The 80% of new deals for cloud-based access security brokers (CASBs) will be packaged with network firewall, secure web gateway(SWG) and web application firewall (WAF) platforms.
10. – More than 25% of identified enterprise attacks will involve IoT. According to Perkins, security and TI professionals will must book between 5% and 10% of their spending to monitoring and protection of IoT devices.
These 10 predictions will help to the companies to increase their cybersecurity but they should clearly understand this: they have to act as soon as possible. If they don’t do that because they won’t lose money, companies are making a mistake and, at the future they could lose more money.
Don’t doubt, either personally or at company level, invest in cybersecurity!